You are here
Since 2002, PROFOR has supported over 100 knowledge activities, focused on four key themes: improving people’s livelihoods through better management of forests and trees; enhancing forest law enforcement and governance; financing sustainable forest management; and coordinating forest policy across sectors.
Our activities contribute to informing forest policy dialogue, strengthening partnerships and building the capacity of forest institutions and stakeholders at the national, regional and international levels.
Several PROFOR activities are achieving tangible impacts, such as improved understanding and ability to monitor forest governance in several countries (Assessing and Monitoring Forest Governance), facilitating the innovative use of mobile applications to better monitor activities in forests and agriculture (ICT Applications for Data Collection and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of Rural Development Projects), assisting in improving resilience of African drylands (Contributions to the Economics of Drylands Resilience in Sub-Saharan Africa), informing landscape level management inAlbania, India and more.
Each year we report on the impact of our knowledge portfolio and partnership activities in our advisory board meeting documents. The last few years’ main reports are available here:
- Informing, Connecting and Shaping Forest Action - Annual Report 2015
- Tools and Knowledge for Action - Annual Report 2014
- Program of Work and Financial Report Calendar Year 2011
- Program of Work and Financial Report Calendar Year 2010
- Program of Work and Financial Report Calendar Year 2009
In addition, we periodically commission several impact evaluations of our program from independent consultants. The last two are available here. A third evaluation focused on the theme of private investment is forthcoming.
- Impact Note 1: An Evaluation of the Impacts of Selected Activities Supported by the Program on Forests – Michael P. Wells, Claudia Alderman, Stephanie Altman (June 2011)
- Impact Note 2: An Evaluation of the Impacts of Selected Activities Supported by the Program on Forests in Central America – Michael P. Wells, Claudia Alderman, Stephanie Altman (June 2011)
- Impact Note 3: An Evaluation of the Impacts of Selected PROFOR Activities Targeting the Private Sector, Ecosystem Markets and Benefit Sharing – Michael P. Wells, Claudia Alderman, Carmen Tavera (November 2013)